Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yarn for Mom and a Hat for Maxx!

Today after work I headed straight to my favorite LYS Broad Ripple Knits and I couldn't get there fast enough! First thing I did was pick up a couple skeins of yarn to send my Mom who volunteered to make a scarf for Super Scarves.

If your not familiar with this community project just follow this link: Super Scarves: Cast on to Kick Off, Super Bowl XLVI.

Next, Karin (owner BRK) helped me get my second project My Super Scarf going. I'm very excited about this project as it is going to be my first one using two different colors as well as learning to purl stitch!

Then I picked out supplies for my third project, a hat for my son Maxx. This will be my first go at knitting a hat and Karin helped me get everything together I'll need. Friday or Saturday she is going to show me how to get that started! I can hardly wait!!! Maxx's favorite color is red so one red hat coming up!

I stayed about an hour and worked on my Super Scarf it was great fun as I learned how to cast on myself for the first time! I could have stayed there all night, lol, but had to head out to the Indy Pub Knitters MeetUp!

No comments:

Post a Comment